Today’s great, go-getter guest is Anne Feste, a mom of two grown children, who has been practicing Real Estate for eighteen years… and she’s Carla’s best friend.
Anne grew up in rural Washington in a town that was known for fishing and lumber. Her biggest issue, while growing up, was being told that women could only be teachers, nurses or housewives- with the ultimate goal being to marry someone and have him be successful. This looked like a losing game to Anne, so she became fierce about learning how to be independent and how to make her own way in life. She found Real Estate to be a great means for creating that. Listen in today and find out more about what gets Anne going.
On today’s show, Anne talks to Carla about:
- What brought her to Real Estate.
- Why she would recommend seeing a Career Counsellor.
- Her game-changing experience after finishing Real Estate School.
- How her one-page business plan became a game changer.
- Her story about why the bank took her out to lunch in 2000.
- The sale in her first year that she countered back fifteen times, before closing.
- The house with an outline of a body on the floor…
- Her biggest challenge in the Real Estate business.
- Where she gathers her strength when the going gets tough.
- Her advice to a younger version of herself, starting out in Real Estate.
- The best advice that she’s been given.
- Why you need to measure your dollar all the time.
- Why you shouldn’t cheat your life for wishy-washy clients.
Recommended by Anne: Tim Ferris’s Podcasts
The Making Of Oprah by NPR (Podcast)