What does theater set design and staging a home to sell have in common? A lot actually! This week, Carla sits down with her own home designer Cora Sue Anthony to talk about the powerful, but a subtle art of home staging. Taking elements from her background in drama and design, Cora Sue looks at home design as a way to shape the emotions you feel when you walk into a house.
Cora Sue knows that it takes a special touch to stage a house. Listen this week as she shares her creative approach to business, tips, and tools of the trade, and stories that are both funny and inspiring. Buying a home is already emotional, so let’s use design to show off the best of those emotions!
Today, Cora talks about:
- Cora Sue’s journey from theater set designer to home stager.
- The theory of home staging.
- Modern homes v. Contemporary homes.
- Cora Sue’s secret beginnings to her home design business.
- How design generates an emotional response for the buyer.
- Cora Sue shares a funny staging story!
- Tips for people who want to begin staging.
- Cora Sue’s inspirational makeovers for chemotherapy wards.